Writer, speaker, leader, trainer. Coach, mentor. Deal doer. Motivational speaker - writes as he speaks - clearly, effectively and passionately, primarily about commercial and residential real estate, oil and gas, and social issues.He is a freelance writer-for-hire, coaches writing and public speaking. Mark has served on numerous non-profit boards and the REIX Board. He is an observer of the market and publishes a newsletter - FACILITYCalgary which is distributed free to subscribers weekly.
Mark Kolke has been working in real estate finance, management, leasing, sales and consulting work in Alberta for over thirty years. His real estate practice is based in Calgary. He provides residential and commerical real estate services in Calgary-Edmonton corridor and the Edmonton-Fort McMurray corridor. He advises tenants, buyers, developers and institutional clients on issues involving residential and commercial developments, office and industrial real estate and public private partnerships (P3s).His 'recreational writing habit' is on display at: a daily column, poetry and short stories. He interviews interesting people - check out his conversations with fascinating Calgarians at FACILITYCalgary-Conversations .
Member in good standing of:
- Alberta Real Estate Association
- American Association of Opinion Journalists
- Calgary Real Estate Board
- Calgary Petroleum Club
- Canadian Real Estate Association
- Toastmasters International
Some previous involvements:
- Barrier Free Design Committe, Alberta Labour, Member
- City of Edmonton Advisory Board on Services to Persons with Disabilities; Member, Vice-Chair, Chair of Accessibility Committee
- Michener Centre, Board Member
- Notary Public
- REIX (formerly AREIX), Board Member, Claims Committee Member
- SKILLS Training and Support Services Organization, Board Member, Board Chair
Mark is an accomplished speaker, workshop facilitator, panel leader and master of ceremonies.
- PUBLIC SPEAKING IS A CONFIDENCE GAME - 1/2 hour luncheon presentation, or 1 hr. keynote - discussing staff development, and leadership opportunities for managers and their teams.
- PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS (P3) - much more than a financing tool - 1 hour presentation on how-to create facilities without capital; a tutorial for novices, politicians and municipal administrators.
- I know the way out! - 1/2 hour luncheon presentation, or workshop ... discussing awareness and how-to-help people dealing with addiction, depression and suicide risk
NEW PRESENTATIONS - luncheon presentations (short-form), workshop or keynote:
AFFIRMATIONS - how mine changed my life, how yours can/will change yours ...
UN-JAIL YOURSELF - learning how to live a life based on 'the best things we've ever done' rather than 'the worst things we've ever done'
- thanks for your contribution to another very successful Canadian Society of Club Managers National Conference. Summary of feedback comments from attendees: wonderful ideas!, enjoyed the session adn valuable coaching tools, confident, professional presentation, took away some good points. Our surveys rated you: 3.74 out of 4.0 . It was a pleasure to have you present to our National Conference, Brook Phemister, Conference Manager